Good news 2016-17 students! You have no summer assignment!
Below is some information that might be useful to you. Especially important is to have a calculator on the first day of school.
Links for Chapter 1 of the textbook are provided if you wish to get a preview. The pace will be pretty intense right from the beginning since we are doing away with summer homework.
Teacher: Mr. Brian Croston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Pre-requisite: Math 3; this course may be taken concurrently (at the same time as) with College Algebra, Pre-Calculus (including honors) and Calculus.
· Exploring Data
· Sampling & Experimentation: Planning & Conducting a Study
· Anticipating Patterns: Exploring Random Phenomena
· Statistical Inference
No memorizing formulas!
Cool things we do:
· Data collection through surveys
· Labs where we conduct experiments and collect data
· Projects – group and individual
· Real world studies and applications
Statistics is useful in science, social studies and business.
You will need a graphing calculator (TI-83 plus or newer) for the course. Many are now getting the TI-nspire - our textbook has great notes for how to use it!
AP Exam (much like all of them):
40 multiple choice (90 minutes)
6 free response (90 minutes)
Don’t forget you get a bonus to your
GPA when you take an AP course.